As the world’s lightest 300mm lens and the first NIKKOR to employ a Phase Fresnel lens, the new AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR delivers superior picture quality in a compact and light package
The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, is the latest addition to its renowned NIKKOR line-up of FX-format compatible lenses.
Crafted for those looking to achieve maximum image quality from a lightweight lens, the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR incorporates Nikon’s Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element for the first time in NIKKOR lenses, resulting in a remarkably light 755 grams. Photographers will also enjoy the immense flexibility needed to get the perfectly timed shot as the highly portable lens also features a Vibration Reduction (VR) system of 4.5 stops, thus enabling the omission of a tripod.
“The innovative Phase Fresnel lens element, exclusively from Nikon, is a significant introduction for the new AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR. Its adoption leads a breakthrough design with a smaller and lighter body, without compromising on quality,” said Grant Norton, Head of Sales for Nikon in South Africa. “The lens element doesn’t just provide aesthetics but its combination with definitive lens technology also effectively compensates chromatic aberration. The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR juxtaposes innovative optical technology with superb design and construction to make it the world’s lightest 300mm at only 755 grams, almost half the weight it would have been.”
- Optical proficiency
- Beautiful blur: An exquisite blurred shot to highlight a single subject amongst a busy landscape is made possible with the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR’s maximum aperture of f/4. Photographers can also achieve striking high-quality images even in low light conditions such as a recording of an indoor theatre performance.
- Exceptional accuracy: Photographers will be able to quickly achieve the right aperture for a faultless shot with an electro-magnetic aperture mechanism which delivers stable auto exposure control even during high-speed continuous shooting.
- Stunning sharpness: Nikon’s renowned VR image stabilization technology provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed of 4.5 stops faster, effectively reducing camera shake and delivering dramatically sharper images in a wide range of conditions such as when capturing contact sports or a flock of flying birds. For an effective and responsive photography experience on athletes and other subjects that are moving rapidly and unpredictably, the fixed focal length telephoto lens is also equipped with a SPORT VR mode.
- Design practicality
- Save time, travel light: Eliminating long hours of post-processing means that photographers get more time to hone their craft. This is easily achieved with a trio consisting of the PF lens element*2, Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass element and Nano Crystal Coat to perfectly work in tandem for minimised chromatic aberration and ghosting.
In addition, photographers on the road can also pack lighter and smarter with the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR as the PF lens element also contributes to a lightweight and compact design.
- Built for adventure: A highly durable fluorine coat applied to the lens front effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease or dirt, ensuring easy removal even if they adhere to the lens surface.
- Quiet companion: For high-speed autofocusing that is accurate and quiet, the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR also incorporates NIKKOR’s unique Silent Wave Motor (SWM). The SWM technology unobtrusively converts “travelling waves” into rotational energy to focus the optics, making it a handy companion even for those nocturnal photography expeditions.