Would you like to have your image displayed in Nikon House Centurion? Participate in our monthly Nikon Assignments and you could be one of seven lucky photographers who will get the opportunity to have their image displayed. Each Nikon Assignment will have a unique theme to challenge photographers to get creative and use their photographic skills.
The key to capturing black and white imagery is seeing beyond colour, and how different shapes, textures and tones will affect your image.
Also known as monochrome photography, black and white images rely on contrast – the differences between the areas of bright and dark in an image.
Through the contrast between light and dark, strong and soft textures, sharp and blurred areas, you can bring out the finest details that often go unnoticed.
Not all images are suited to black and white. So whether you capture the image in colour and convert it, or adjust your Nikon DSLR Picture Control setting to Monochrome, start experimenting and explore your environment.
Tip: Adjust the Picture Control setting to Monochrome and use the Live View mode to get an idea of how lines, texture, shapes and structure impact your shot.
Push your creativity Beyond Colour and enter a single image that you feel best captures the essence and power of black and white photography.
To participate in the assignment, you must:
SNAP – Take a black and white photograph
GRAM – Post your image on Instagram
TAG – Add the hashtag #MyNikonAssignment and tag @IamNikonSA in the Instagram caption
FOLLOW – Follow @IamNikonSA on Instagram
Only one assignment entry per photographer. Your entry must be published on Instagram during the assignment dates (1 – 31 August 2018).
Seven lucky photographers will get the opportunity to have their images on display at Nikon House in Centurion in the month following the assignment.
Who can participate
You must be a South African resident, however, your “Beyond Colour” image can be taken anywhere in the world, on a Nikon camera.
Please note that your Instagram account must be set to public.
By participating, you agree to let Nikon South Africa use your image on social media at a future date. Any images used will be credited.
Terms & Conditions
- Participants must follow ALL the steps mentioned above to qualify for the award.
- The awards/prizes and/or any parts thereof, are non-transferrable and cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash or equivalent;
- The organisers’ decision regarding any matter concerning the assignment and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the seven photographers, is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The organizers or their agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the assignment or award.
- By participating in the Nikon assignment, participants give Nikon in South Africa the right to use their photo on any of the Nikon South Africa social media platforms.
- Please note: No explicit images, images portraying racism, violence or nudity, or any offensive images will be tolerated. Any photo not complying with these terms will be reported on Facebook and/or Instagram, deleted and automatically be disqualified.