Would you like to have your image displayed in Nikon House Centurion? Participate in our monthly Nikon Assignments and you could be one of seven lucky photographers who will get the opportunity to have their image displayed. Each Nikon Assignment will have a unique theme to challenge photographers to get creative and use their photographic skills.
We all see in colour, yet we all take it for granted. We are bombarded by colours everyday, and they have a profound effect on us. They influence where we look, how we look, even how we think. The primary way to exploit colour in your pictures is through composition. Assuming that you are not going to carry around a bright red apple to place artfully in your every frame, you have to observe and notice the colours that are there, and then compose your picture in such a way that they are presented effectively.
Use contrasting colours. Find a pop of colour. Use colour to create an abstract photo. Use bright colourful backgrounds. The creative opportunities are endless!
Submit an image includes an element of colour.
To participate in the assignment, you must:
- SNAP – Take a photograph incorporating colour.
- GRAM – Post your image on Instagram
- TAG – Add the hashtag #MyNikonAssignment and #Colour and tag @IamNikonSA in the Instagram caption
- FOLLOW – Follow @IamNikonSA on Instagram
Your entry must be published on Instagram during the assignment dates (1 – 31 December 2018).
Seven lucky photographers will get the opportunity to have their images on display at Nikon House in Centurion in the month following the assignment.
Who can participate
You must be a South African resident, however, your “Colour” image can be taken anywhere in the world, on a Nikon camera.
Please note that your Instagram account must be set to public.
By participating, you agree to let Nikon South Africa use your image on social media at a future date. Any images used will be credited.
The winning image will be judged on these three categories:
- Image quality – composition, lighting, focus etc.
- Emotional reaction – surprise, awe, joy, wonderment etc.
- Content – how are lines used to enhance the image?
Terms & Conditions
- Participants must follow ALL the steps mentioned above to qualify for the award.
- The awards/prizes and/or any parts thereof, are non-transferrable and cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash or equivalent;
- The organisers’ decision regarding any matter concerning the assignment and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the seven photographers, is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The organizers or their agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the assignment or award.
- By participating in the Nikon assignment, participants give Nikon in South Africa the right to use their photo on any of the Nikon South Africa social media platforms.
- Please note: No explicit images, images portraying racism, violence or nudity, or any offensive images will be tolerated. Any photo not complying with these terms will be reported on Facebook and/or Instagram, deleted and automatically be disqualified.