Would you like to have your image displayed in Nikon House Centurion? Participate in our monthly Nikon Assignments and you could be one of seven lucky photographers who will get the opportunity to have their image displayed. Each Nikon Assignment will have a unique theme to challenge photographers to get creative and use their photographic skills.
THE 4 ELEMENTS
The four elements, also called classical elements typically refer to the concepts in ancient Greece which were proposed to explain the nature and complexity of all matter in terms of simpler substances.
In this assignment, we would like to see fire, water, earth and air.
Photos can be in color or in B&W. Photos must be submitted in portrait format. Not landscape.
Submit an image showcases one or all four elements.
To participate in the assignment, you must:
- SNAP – Take a photograph showing the Four Elements in creative ways.
- GRAM – Post your image on Instagram
- TAG – Add the hashtag #MyNikonAssignment and #Elements and tag @IamNikonSA in the Instagram caption
- FOLLOW – Follow @IamNikonSA on Instagram
Your entry must be published on Instagram during the assignment dates (1 – 31 January 2019).
Seven lucky photographers will get the opportunity to have their images on display at Nikon House in Centurion in the month following the assignment.
Who can participate
You must be a South African resident, however, your “4 Elements” image can be taken anywhere in the world, on a Nikon camera.
Please note that your Instagram account must be set to public.
By participating, you agree to let Nikon South Africa use your image on social media at a future date. Any images used will be credited.
The winning image will be judged on these three categories:
- Image quality – composition, lighting, focus etc.
- Emotional reaction – surprise, awe, joy, wonderment etc.
- Content – how are lines used to enhance the image?
Terms & Conditions
- Participants must follow ALL the steps mentioned above to qualify for the award.
- The awards/prizes and/or any parts thereof, are non-transferrable and cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash or equivalent;
- The organisers’ decision regarding any matter concerning the assignment and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the seven photographers, is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The organizers or their agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the assignment or award.
- By participating in the Nikon assignment, participants give Nikon in South Africa the right to use their photo on any of the Nikon South Africa social media platforms.
- Please note: No explicit images, images portraying racism, violence or nudity, or any offensive images will be tolerated. Any photo not complying with these terms will be reported on Facebook and/or Instagram, deleted and automatically be disqualified.