Would you like to have your image displayed in Nikon House Centurion? Participate in our monthly Nikon Assignments and you could be one of seven lucky photographers who will get the opportunity to have their image displayed. Each Nikon Assignment will have a unique theme to challenge photographers to get creative and use their photographic skills.
One thing that makes a great photo is its ability to convey emotion.
Capturing a moment of pure emotion is part of the beauty of photography. Some of the most powerful photographs out there are the ones that successfully convey a certain mood or emotion.
Submit the one image you feel best captures ’emotion’.
To participate in the assignment, you must:
SNAP – Take an emotion-filled photograph
GRAM – Post your image on Instagram
TAG – Add the hashtag #MyNikonAssignment and tag @IamNikonSA in the Instagram caption
FOLLOW – Follow @IamNikonSA on Instagram
Only one assignment entry per photographer. Your entry must be published on Instagram during the assignment dates (1 – 31 October 2018).
Seven lucky photographers will get the opportunity to have their images on display at Nikon House in Centurion in the month following the assignment.
Who can participate
You must be a South African resident, however, your “Emotion” image can be taken anywhere in the world, on a Nikon camera.
Please note that your Instagram account must be set to public.
By participating, you agree to let Nikon South Africa use your image on social media at a future date. Any images used will be credited.
The winning image will be judged on these three categories:
- Image quality – composition, lighting, focus etc.
- Emotional reaction – surprise, awe, joy, wonderment etc.
- Content – how is time in motion used to enhance the image?
Terms & Conditions
- Participants must follow ALL the steps mentioned above to qualify for the award.
- The awards/prizes and/or any parts thereof, are non-transferable and cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash or equivalent;
- The organisers’ decision regarding any matter concerning the assignment and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the seven photographers, is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The organizers or their agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the assignment or award.
- By participating in the Nikon assignment, participants give Nikon in South Africa the right to use their photo on any of the Nikon South Africa social media platforms.
- Please note: No explicit images, images portraying racism, violence or nudity, or any offensive images will be tolerated. Any photo not complying with these terms will be reported on Facebook and/or Instagram, deleted and automatically be disqualified.