Assigning the Fn function
3. Select Press to bring up a menu of the different roles and functions that can be assigned to the Fn button.
- AE/AF lock – locks focus and exposure
- Flash off – prevents the flash from firing
- Viewfinder Grid Display – turns the framing grid on and off
- Viewfinder Virtual Horizon – displays a virtual horizon to help ensure your camera is level
- Playback – useful for situations where it’s tricky to operate the playback button with your left hand
- Bracketing burst – firing a sequence of shots using the bracketing program you’ve already preset
- Metering – your choice of matrix, centre-weighted or spot-metering
The Fn button and command dials
Using My Menu with the Fn button
1. Choose the My Menu icon in Menu and select Add Items.
2. Select the sub-menu which contains the option you want to add.